Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Using Twitter

Using Twitter has taught me that you don’t need to reinvent the wheel. There are so many professionals out there with so many good ideas. Collaborating with these individuals, sharing ideas and experiences is a much better option!
Twitter made absolutely no sense to me in the beginning. I couldn’t find my way around very easily, I didn’t understand the hashtag or how to communicate with everyone. I not only learned to navigate through Twitter, but also how to use it to my advantage! There is so much great information out there for teachers to use!

The person on Twitter that I enjoyed following most was, Eric Langhorst. He was interesting to me because he is a history buff. He constantly added links with great history websites! I always wanted to take extra time to look at the information that he provided his followers! I’ve paid a lot of attention to his tweets.

I do plan to continue to use Twitter professionally. I think that it is a great reminder of all that is out there to move forward with in education. I want the constant reminder that there is more out there for me to introduce to my students. I want to make sure that I give my students the best opportunity that I can and using Twitter can help me to make sure that I do that.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Shawna! I love that you have grown so much in your Twitter skills from the basic mechanics of tweets, RT, DM's, and hashtags to being able to use Twitter as a PD tool to follow others, participate in chats, and grow as an educator.

    ReplyDelete