Friday, June 19, 2009

Blogging in my own classroom

Being a first grade teacher, I didn't know about blogging in my classroom at first.  I have decided that there are various options that I do have, though.  
The main idea that I have thought about is having a classroom blog.  I would use this blog to keep parents informed about what is going on in the classroom.  A blog would allow this information to be both easily accessible and updated conveniently.  I have also contemplated holding a blog about certain units that we cover in the classroom.  We would brainstorm as a class then add the ideas to the blog/view the blog together.  These units may include specific quotes from students and what they learned, their views on the lessons/topics, etc. 
Blogging in the classroom is a great way to interact with your students, encourage higher-order thinking, and also help them to feel more comfortable with technology!

1 comment:

  1. These are great ideas to try in a lower elementary classroom. Maybe start with a classroom blog and see where it goes. Make sure you talk to your administrator, but it can be highly positive for your students and interested stakeholders.

    ReplyDelete