Monday, June 22, 2009

TPACK Lesson

Creating a TPACK lesson and paying clear attention to all aspects was a great way to look at creating a lesson.  I paid extra close attention to all of the different possibilities that could be used.  I found myself wanting to add more constantly.  My final product was absolutely loaded and would take longer to present than one day.  I really feel like there were several lessons that were brought into that one particular lesson though.  
One problem that I did have was that I found myself saying that I would need at least one volunteer for some parts of my lesson.  With first graders, I just don't want to get to the point where there are multiple groups of students that are having difficulty using the technology and have to wait on me to get to all of them.  The way to prevent this, I know is to make sure that students have a good understanding of the use of all materials before using them.  
I do know, that I will definitely use TPACK lessons when I am teaching my own class!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with using the lesson plan! I am anxious to get into my own classroom and start using the lesson I created. I know that it is a good lesson and that it isn't just something to fill in time but it is a complete lesson where students use technology for a purpose of learning rather than just to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are thinking about TPACK when designing lessons, I feel I have accomplished something! Technology can't be used all the time, but when it is used effectively it can be a very powerful tool!

    ReplyDelete