Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Wandering Willie"

I had no idea the possibilites that Power Point offers. I have always used power point for class presentations, but I didn't know the extent of what it could be used for! In the past couple of days, I have seen how it can make a book come to life with pictures, words, and audio, it has also served as the software we used to make several class books. Just yesterday we saw how it could become an interactive game! We were given several clues and forced to problem solve in order to solve particular problems. I was put in the position where I felt completely like an elementary student again, but it was exciting! I got somewhat frustrated when I made a mistake or couldn't find the information that I needed. At the same time, I was excited and motivated the entire time! It was great to be reminded how much fun you can make lessons, but still allow your students to learn new information while problem solving!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great example of how we need to do what we ask of our students. PowerPoint has a lot of great features that we can have our students use. As a college student we were only immersed in PowerPoint when a presentation was due but now as educators we get to go back and discover all that these programs can do! Just like iPhoto when we got to make a book and not just import pictures to go straight to facebook. It is exciting when we get to work with all of these technologies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved the webquest we did for wandering willie. I think this type of learning is great for developing higher order thinking. The activity really required us to think on multiple dimensions, which means it would be an excellent tool for us to use with our future students.

    ReplyDelete