Wednesday, June 3, 2009

TPACK

In class we have been discussing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK). This term seemed extremely complex to me before our readings and discussions. After breaking apart the term and defining each section, it became much more clear to me. Technological knowledge is the knowledge about standard technologies, as well as more advanced technologies. Pedagogical Knowledge is basically the art of teaching. It's understanding strategies of how to teach. Finally, Content Knowledge is knowledge about actual subject matter to be learned or taught. After understanding the seperate parts, it makes even more sense when you give each area an example. An example of pedagogical knowledge would be guided reading or differentiated instruction. An example of technological knowledge would be using imovie for digital storytelling. Finally, an example of content knowledge would be teaching vocabulary.
Once everything was broken apart and we had the chance to brainstorm, it made perfect sense to me. I don't come from a great background of technology. I like using technology, have pushed myself to learn more about it and try new things, and am excited about learning more! I am hoping that with this class, as well as extra exploration on my own, I will develop a comfort of working with new technology everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment